CLIENT SERVICE ENGINEER
Hannover, Germany / Full Time
Our client is looking for a talented and motivated Client Service Engineer for their growing team. They are re-imagining the warehousing & supply-chain industry. They design, develop and deploy advanced robotics systems at warehouses, distribution centers and fulfillment centers. Their expertise in robotics, hardware and software engineering help companies solve operational inefficiencies in their warehouses. With in-house Mechanical, Electrical, Embedded, UI/UX, Software Development and Quality Assurance teams, the client ensures unquestioned quality of all their products.
If you love solving the deepest and the gnarliest tech problems, enjoy working with all types of customers from around the world, and love variety, this job has it all in spades. You will have the responsibility of working with a wide range of customers, from start-ups to large corporations, to help identify and resolve product issues.
The client is a growing company and there's a lot of opportunities to work with a broad range of technologies, people and products. Here are just a few of the things you'll get involved in: identify bugs and work with development on delivering fixes, directly influence product direction through customer feedback, collaborate with team to serve customers and publish knowledge articles to the customer self-help portal.
- Work within a cross country team to deliver products and deploy solutions
- Support and maintain product installations at client sites
- Perform and provide counsel on diagnosis and repair of equipment and systems (both hardware and software) in liaison with engineers across various offices
- Maintain inventory of spare parts as well as track costs incurred for maintenance and repair of deployed systems
- Contribute to site-specific documentation and quality assurance information
- Develop and contribute to measurements and reporting of performance indicators for site service objectives
- Anticipate potential failure modes and propose changes to design and/or process for ongoing improvement of deployed systems at client sites
- Ensure customer satisfaction through ongoing interactions with client representatives and system operators
- Diploma / Bachelor in electrical, electronic or mechanical engineering, computer science, or related subject
- experience or track record in automation or robotics will be a plus
- 2-3 years’ Experience in a direct client service role
- Business Proficiency in English and German language
- Troubleshoot problems and communicate effectively across time zones and cultures
- Comfortable with Linux and Microsoft Operating Systems
- Proficient in networking (TCP/IP), databases, programming and scripting languages
- Exposure into Scripting (Python / Shell) will be an advantage
- Availability to travel and be based abroad for extended periods will be a plus
- Good Customer Intimacy
Our client is helping companies make their warehouses better. Their products increase and maximize their supply chain potential by not only increasing their overall throughput but by also introducing advanced technology and innovation into their warehouses.
They are a team of technical minds, engineering experts, innovators and tinkerers, bringing unparalleled automation to the world's warehouses. People there come from different countries, cultures and diverse backgrounds with broad set of skills to take some of the toughest challenges head on. They work with innovation at its bleeding edge and are passionate about building long-term technologies designed to pioneer the field for the coming decades. Advanced intelligence, state-of-the-art engineering and unparalleled technology are at the core of specialized products.